25 December 2010

Individuality

As I woke up this morning to a phone call from a close and dear friend, my the negative thoughts started to invade my mind. They were giving me a million reasons why it would great to just stay in bed and sleep the day away. I had made these plans three days ago, but it took exerted force to get me to stay committed to the days agenda.

Little did I know, the weather outside was hugging my mood receptors for dear life. Weather induced depression. BLAH! I hadn't even heard the rain, seen the dreariness of the sky, or even felt the cold wind, but somehow my body knew and it conspired with then weather to keep me down.

I finally pulled myself away from my clingy sheets approximately ten minutes before my ride was scheduled to arrive. I threw on some jeans, a silly t-shirt, socks, and shoes. Then I grabbed my brown zip up hoody and bag before leaving comfort bubble I call home.

On the open highway we drove an hour to find something to eat and catch up with the things we have going on in ours lives. After we ate, we drove around sightseeing and discussing random topics that popped into our minds and rushed through our lips. We ended our day visiting her family. The day was great!

I almost can't understand why I wanted to stay home in the first place. Its like there is a deeper force out there trying to keep me unhappy. I refuse to let it have full control over me.

Although my life isn't perfect, I am still content with the way things are falling in and out of place. Some of you may be disappointed in me, while others are cheering me while I lose the marathon I was trying to run. I can not say I don't care because I'd be lying, but it won't stop me from being who I am.

Something important in life is to know it is okay to obtain individuality. If you are all trying to fit in with other people, then you will be unhappy.

Draw close to God, and become his friend. Even when no one else understands who you are, he will. He is the best friend you can have. He wants you to be yourself and love him. He loves you.

This has been Marcy Jenson, and my advice for you today is to simply be yourself. Let yourself shine. Don't be afraid. God does love you. He made us all different and gave us free will for a reason. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment